Important info for 2011 Pass outs of JNTU-HYD , JNTU-KAKINADA & JNTU-ANANTAPUR

We had started this posting in order to clarify few doubts that are in the minds of 4-2 (R07) students of B.Tech/B.Pharmacy. Go through the each & every points that are given below & if u still have any more doubts just reply here so that we will try to help u out.

Note : This posting is common for 4-2 (R07) ==> JNTU-HYD , JNTU-KAKINADA & JNTU-ANANTAPUR students.

Results will be declared within 15 to 20 days after all the branches exams are completed.

Certificates that will be issued after 4-2 Results
After declaring the results JNTU will issue 4-2 indiviual memo, CMM, PC & OD.

CMM: Consolidated Marks Memo/credit sheet (which contains marks of all years)


PC: Provisional Certificate
Sample PC screenshot is available in the below link. image is re-sized , Just click on it for the orginal resolution.


OD:Orginal Degree (That will be issued only after the convocation).

Note:CMM,PC & 4-2 Memo will be issued within one week after declaring the results. You can collect them from your respective colleges.

Info on Advance Supplies
Advance Supplies will be conducted only for 4-2 Semester Subjects.
The advance supplies will be conducted in selected colleges only (i.e., u need to write the exams only in colleges[centres] that will be issued by JNTU)

Questions asked by many R07 regulation students.

What is the requirement to get the degree For R07 B.Tech Students?
As per B.Tech (R07) regulations, one of the academic requirement to award degree is that the student should secure 216 credits (out of 224 credits registered) with the compulsory subjects as listed below:
1. All the first year subjects
2. All the practical subjects
3. Industry oriented mini-project
4. Seminar
5. Project works.

Can R07 B.Tech students leave 2 subjects & get the degree ?
Yes according to the academic regulations of B.Tech R07 , students can leave any 2 subjects From 2,3,4 years (subjects which have 4 credits) & get the degree.

Can B.Tech R07 Lateral Entry Students leave 2 subjects under the exception of 2 subjects ?
Yes they can.

Can i leave the 1/2 subjects now itself & apply for the undertaking form ?
You can apply only after respective JNTU regions releases the notification on the exception of 2 subjects rule.

What Does Practical subjects mean ?
Practical subjects are Labs in each semester.

Can we leave lab based subjects (Theory subjects) ?
Yes one can leave lab based subjects as exception of 2 subjects.
Example : If a student of R07 regulation has a backlog in MICRO PROCESSOR Theory subject then he can leave that subject. But he can't leave the Micro Processor Lab.

Can i leave 1st Year subjects ?
No , according to the R07 academic regulations u can't leave any 1st year subjects as of now.

Does JNTU mention any FAIL or Star Mark in the certificates if i leave 1/2 subjects as exception of 2 subjects ?
For JNTU-HYD students In the PC,CMM there will not be any indication of Fail. But on the concerned semester marks memo "Fail" will be indicated. But star mark will be given for those 1/2 subjects in which u had failed.

For JNTU-KAKINADA students In the PC there will not be any indication of Fail. But on the concerned semester marks memo "Fail" will be indicated and also on Consolidated Marks Memo (CMM) "Fail" will appear for those one/two subjects.

Note: Star Mark(*) indicates that those 2 subjects marks are excluded while calculating the total %.

If i clear all the subjects & secure 224 credits will i get any star mark in my CMM?
yes u will get the star mark in the subjects (From 2,3,4 Years) in which u secured lease marks. Star Mark indicates that those 2 subjects marks are excluded while calculating the %. A sample CMM can be seen total % , You can see a sample CMM from the below link.


What is the Difference between the JNTU-HYD students 216 credits & 224 credits?
For the students who secures 216 credits (failed/leaving 2 subjects) they will exclude those 2 subjects in which he failed while calculating total %. where as for the students who secured 224 credits JNTU will exclude 2 subjects from 2,3,4 Years in which he/she secured least marks.

What happens if i fail & leave those one/two subjects. Does it effect my carrier ?
·         Many of the companies recruits only the students who does not have any active backlogs/arrears.
·         Suppose a CSE student fails in Operating Systems and Computer Organization courses and applies for a PC, this may affect in getting a job An ECE student who failed in VLSI and DSP subjects may not get admission in M.Tech. in VLSI/DSP specializations.Similarly for other branch students.
·         If a candidate is in urgency to submit the PC for Visa, for higher studies then he/she may apply for PC even they acquire 216 or 220 credits, because that may not affect them. 
·         Therefore if there is no urgent requirement for PC, it is better, the students pass all the subjects and take PC. The students have the option to apply for PC at any time if it is required. They have to apply through 'Tatkal' if they require it immediately.

Do i need to apply for the CMM , PC after declaring the results ?
JNTU-HYD students (if at all u secured 224 credits) then u no need to apply for CMM,PC. You can get the CMM,PC directly from your respective colleges within 1 or 2 weeks after declaring the results.

JNTU-KAKINADA & JNTU-ANANTAPUR students need to apply for the CMM,PC in the prescribed format which is given by the respective university. Taktal process is also avaliable if u r in a urgent need of CMM,PC . Through Tatkal process u can get them wihtin 2 days.

Do i need to apply for CMM,PC if i secure 216 credits out of 224 credits (i.e., if u leave 1/2 subjects)?
JNTU-HYD students need to fill the undertaking form (stating that they wont appear for any further supplies exams for those 1/2 subjects) & submit it in the college exam branch. they will get the CMM,PC with in 2 weeks after doing the above process.

JNTU-KAKINADA & JNTU-ANANTAPUR can apply in the process stated by the university (University will mention it by releasing a notification after declaring the results).

I had applied for the CMM,PC by filling the undertaking form, can i attend for supple exams ?
No u can't attend for the supple exams of those subjects that u had applied in the exception of 2 subjects rule.

I had given my supple for 1/2 exams & before the results are declared i had applied for the CMM,PC by filling the undertaking form. Does i get my result now?
u will not get the results Once if u apply for the CMM,PC under the exception of 2 subjects rule.

can i get my PC,CMM after clearing all the subjects (i.e., securing 224 credits) ?
Yes at a time after u secure 224 credits u can get the CMM & PC.

1 comment:

  1. can i leave 0s(operating system) subject as exception ..? i hv cleared that lab .. m from jntu hyd .. r07 batch